Gallery Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Dwarven Jager

 This is the Dwarven Jager, a new class for Dungeon Crawl Classics as featured in Tales From The Smoking Wyrm #2. This is one of my favorites since my "art revival" began in 2019. I really enjoy drawing this chap. He's got this odd Kirby-esque large scaled armor, two simple axes, Hagar The Horrible like-helm, and creepy eyes. He's totally fun to draw and I have, so far, included him on all of the covers that I have done for the 'Wyrm. And he's been in some of the interior illustrations as well.



What differentiates him from the typical fantasy Dwarf I might tend to draw (re: Scum from Onward Retainer) is that he doesn't have a belly. This guy is somewhat fit for your typical fantasy dwarf!

Pencils.

Brian Gilkison, one of the writers and editors on the Smoking Wyrm named him Marrek.  I gave him the sir name of Ironbite. So, here is the preliminary inks on Marrek Ironbite:


Half_way inked. 

Most the inks were done using a dip ink pen for the heavy lines and a crowquil on the smaller lines. 


This piece appeared in Tales From The Smoking Wyrm #2. He's a fun guy to draw and I like to include him in as many scenes as I can. You'll see him again in the upcoming Kickstarter on the cover of Tales From The Smoking Wyrm #5.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dor Nyvs images 1 & 2

Dor Nyvs* is a new Elemental Patreon for DCC cooked by Trevor Stamper and the Blind Visionary team. This article appears in Tales From The S...